Everybody is crazy about the latest high-tech gadgets and gizmos like super-slim MP4 players that can do nearly everything except shoot laser beams, advanced toy robots with artificial intelligence that are smarter than your math teacher and can transform into racing cars, micro RC helicopters that are small enough to manoeuver in a shoebox and USB turntables that are able to shrink your vast record collection down to the size of a micro chip.
But which gadgets and gizmos are really hot this year? What are the must-have gadgets of 2007, whatâ€™s going to be big next year and where can you get all this awe-inspiring stuff for a reasonable price?
Thatâ€™s a lot of questions! For starters, hereâ€™s a short list of the most exciting gadgets for winter 2007/2008.
The Top 10 most remarkable Gadgets and Gizmos include:
1. Walkie Talkie Watches are elegant high quality wristwatches with full clock function that are also real professional mobile radio communicators with voice activation. Theyâ€™re perfect for hiking, biking, mountaineering and other outdoor sports and – best of all – they let you communicate for free. Can your super-expensive iPhone do that?
2. A stylish hybrid between a chopper and an insect, the innovative Micro Mosquito RC Helicopter is the tiniest, lightest and most stable indoor flyer in the world and itâ€™s so incredibly easy to navigate that even your kids can fly it in a china shop with their eyes closed.
3. The handy Ion USB Turntable allows you to convert your vinyl records into MP3s while listening to them. All you have to do is plug it into the USB port of your computer, put a record on and press â€œPlayâ€. It also has a 3.5mm input jack so you can use the turntable as a converter for your tape deck or Mini Disc player.
4. The elegant Archos Gmini 402 Pocket Multimedia Center is a user-friendly 20GB multimedia player that lets you watch videos and photos, lets you listen to your favourite tunes and even lets you play games. You can plug it into your telly, computer or digital camera and itâ€™s also a powerful digital recording unit. A must-have for multi media enthusiasts!
5. Who woulda thunk this? The Stylophone is back in style! One of the most bizarre inventions of the 70s is the ingenious Stylophone Pocket Organ. David Bowie, Marilyn Manson, Pulp and even Kraftwerk used Stylophones on their recordings. Thirty years after the first Stylophone-craze, the fantastic electronic musical instrument makes its comeback with new features like volume control, headphone jack and cool new sounds. You can even plug in your iPod or MP3 player to play along to your favourite songs.
6. The environmental friendly, muscle powered Can Crusher reduces your empty beer cans to a fifth of their size. Can you drink as fast as the crusher crushes? It also has an in-built bottle-opener in case you prefer bottles.
7. Digital Photo Frames let you display your digital pictures in a new way without the need for a computer. They come in an assortment of colours, styles and sizes and are simply perfect for your office desktop or bedside locker.
8. The amazing SpiderSapien Spider-Man Robot does whatever a spider can! Well, almost. Itâ€™s as if the award-winning Robosapien was bitten by a radioactive spider: This awesome 2â€™ tall biomorphic robot looks like Spidey, talks like Spidey, has â€œSpider-Senseâ€ and even pretends to shoot spider-webbing from his wrist like Spider-Man!
9. Designed by gamers for gamers, the phenomenal Pyramat S2000 with innovative Audio Responsive Technology, personal surround sound and rumbling bass delivers the ultimate gaming experience! Plug in your game console, iPod, telly, VCR or DVD player and feel the action!
10. Get all those coins that gather dust in your piggy bank, under the sofa cushions or in stray pots by the front door, throw them into the handy Battery Operated Coin Sorter and â€“ presto â€“ you have all the dough you need to buy the aforementioned gadgets!
As to where to get all these wonderful high tech toys, have you ever heard of the internet? Itâ€™s a virtual space that you can access via your computer where you can shop for these fantastic gizmos without having to leave your comfy home or office!